Saturday, March 8, 2014

What's for.. Brunch ?

I literally woke up this morning like, "I WANT FRIED RICE." I had to have it right then and there, because I am the epitome of a true fat person. The type of fried rice I made today was the kind that doesn't take much thought. You don't have to be a chef to make it, and it tastes really good. Would I lie to you ? So after looking at this, go make some ! If you don't want to read the recipe, and just look at the pictures - that's fine to. Cause its that easy to make ! :)


I cooked for three, well four actually because I have a fat husband. So I used: 

2 bags of Success Boil in Bag Rice
Olive Oil
Soy Sauce
2-4 Celery Stalks
3-4 Green Onion
3 Eggs
2 Chicken Tenderloins, optional (I always wanted to use the word 'optional' in a recipe, I'm so cool now) 

1. Go ahead and get your rice started, follow the directions on the box but cook it four minutes less than what it calls for. So when it starts boiling, cook it for 6 minutes instead of 10. "I like my fried rice mushy," said no one ever. So don't make your fried rice mushy, it's not sticky rice ! It's fried, people ! *sudden flashback of eating mushy fried rice* *scarred for life* When the rice is done, don't let it sit in the water. Take it out, let ALL the water drain from it, and set it on a plate still in the bag.

2. Chicken tenderloins are thin, so they cook pretty fast. But if your not careful, they can get really dry which is just gross. So to keep it wet (stay with me here, pervert) cook it on low heat (3-4) and place a cover on top. This keeps all that wonderful heat inside and everything gets cooked evenly. And most importantly, don't forget to season these suckers ! 



At first I thought.. Dang, I bought all these veggies just for one recipe. But then the lightbulb over my head finally turned on! I could use them for soup, celery goes great with peanut butter alone, green onion is a pretty garnish to make me look fancy in the kitchen, etc - so fear no more, you did not waste your money, darling ! 


3. I used three eggs. Mix these babies up, and add a little bit of salt and pepper. 


4. My favorite part of this process (I like the smell of veggies frying). Put about a tablespoon of olive oil in your pan for our green friends. You're basically just going to sauté them in the pan, stirring frequently for a couple minutes, then letting them sit, repeat. The green onion will burn, so just keep an eye on them. They celery should be semi-soft. That way you'll still have a good crunch. After your done, take them out. 


5. Next.. Scramble those eggs ! Pretty self explanatory .. After your done with the eggs, take them out, wipe your pan, drizzle a little olive oil in there and place your rice inside.


6. This is also my favorite part.. SOY SAUCE! I'm not going to lie, I made it rain on my fried rice. No, not because I'm asian - but because it's just wrong to not juice our precious rice up. How do you think it gets it's color ?! That salty goodness is going to make everyone become your friend. MAKE IT RAIN, taste, and make it rain some more ! (Don't get carried away though, because to much soy sauce is just gross. Just trying to express my love for it) 


VOILA !

*I ended up copping my egg pieces in the pan with my spatula, they were awkwardly big
*I added some salt and pepper at the end
*Pair this with Crush Orange Soda, and no one can ruin your day. It's Heaven

Have a blissful day ! Thank you for dealing with my odd personality. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment