Monday, December 22, 2014

Dedicated To My One & Only

The chemistry between us is something I really can not put my finger on..

I am so drawn and attracted to your demeanor.. your outlook on life, the way you look tame when I do something silly or gross. I am so in love with your smile, the way cologne smells on you - only you. I love how you overlook everyone else's mistreating of you.. you still smile when you don't have a reason to. You find happiness in the most simplest of things. I love how you treat me. You have made me a stronger person.. I don't have to be a victim anymore. I love how you touch me. Your hands are so big, and you cherish each part of my body. Each and every little line resembling the birth of a child. Every little dent on my upper thighs. My fragile wrist. My skinny frame. You cherish it, you make me feel like someone on TV. I don't feel flawed when I'm with you. You sweat for me, I sweat for you.

When we argue it's like a tornado. Trying to rip everything in sight to shreds.. or trying to scoop everything in one big pile to keep it close? You are my calm, after the storm. It's so strange that after five years, you know me more than people who have known me my whole life. I understand you so well. You compliment my personality, you are my better other half. You make me the good person I've always wanted to be but never had the courage to act upon.

I can breathe better when I'm with you, things aren't as cloudy.
I love the sound of your laugh. I love when you push my hair out my face and kiss my forehead.
Or when you pull my chin up to kiss you.
When you ask me questions while we're underneath the covers giving our bodies to each other.
When you speak to me with your body, you never have to really say a word - I just know.

I am so happy you asked me to be yours forever. I am so grateful you helped me grow as a person, and took my out of being so unhappy with myself. I appreciate the beautiful children we have together. I'm so thankful they can be the few children to say they have the same mother and father, who are still very much in love. It's odd to say, but I don't think it'll ever fade. You aren't my lover, you are the ultimate best friend. The best friend I have with unlimited sleep overs, and knows all my secrets. What are secrets anyways? I forgot.. because you know everything.

You are my better other half. You are the best thing that has ever happened to our kids & I.

You are an amazing person.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment