Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Life Happens


My husband has been going through a lot lately. It's put a strain on us in certain moments. You don't know the true meaning of marriage until you experience pain within it. How you deal with the situations life throws at you, or him/her, or you two as a whole determines how strong your marriage really is. We are young and still learning. I'm still learning a lot, and it's really a journey. It's not easy. I hate seeing people so anxious to marry just for the title. It's work, and it's a job - 365 days a year as my brother in law would say.

When he hurts, I hurt.

I can't describe how bad it feels to witness hurt or pain in his face. He is my best friend before anything, so it's to the point where I'm ready to pounce on anyone that hurts or upsets him. He doesn't show that kind of emotion. Out of the five years of just merely being in each other's lives, he's always blocked things out. He is need a victim, or pathetic being. He picks himself up. This is how he's dealing with his situation. And as his wife.. I just have to help/protect him through what he's going through.

I have cried a lot. Even in his arms, and I love knowing that I can be there for him. I love being the shoulder he can lean on. It helps me to cope. Wether he's having a bad day, etc.. it helps me be more understanding towards him. We don't really argue, fuss and fight. It's hard when little things start to come up, or when one person just blows something out of proportion. I'm just thankful that it's with him. I'm thankful I can be there at his worst and best, vice versa. It makes you appreciate the people you have around you. 

Marriage is work. But at the end of the day, it's worth it. When one is going through something, you have to get through it together. I am in love with this commitment to one being

No comments:

Post a Comment