Thursday, January 1, 2015

Growth // Love






It's weird to bring a new person into the world and being unsure of how they will adapt to their new life. After being in my warm tummy for so long, it's actually quite scary when it's time for the baby to come out! I was nervous of how Adrian would treat the baby. Would he be to rough? Would he hate the baby? I literally was afraid of him hating his little brother and becoming VERY jealous. It was scary. No one understands the anxiety you have unless your bringing a new little one to your first baby.

I am so thankful.

I love when Adrian wakes up he opens his door, comes into our room, walks up to me (Jonas is usually in my arms by the morning), and says, "HEY JOJO!" then proceeds to give me kisses and hugs. He'll bring Jonas some cars and attempt to lay on his belly (which I have to tell him several times he's to heavy). He always includes Jonas in a variety of things. He tells Jonas his accomplishments. "I'm TWO Jojo,""I ate it all, JOJO!" and, "I pee pee, JOJO". I am so proud of how well he has adapted to his little brother as well. Giving him kisses and asking to cuddle him. He runs to him and puts his pacifier in his mouth when Jonas is having a fit (and other times just sits and watch him cry, or sit next to him while he cries haha).
It's not always pretty.


In a perfect world, things would be tantrum free 24/7, but that's unrealistic - of course. Adrian isn't the "perfect little two year old" people may assume he is based upon the pictures I post. He has his moments where he gets so upset he will throw whatever is in his sight just to get attention if I'm busy with Jojo. It gets frustrating because I think as mothers we forget our perfect little boys are maturing within their feelings. How can you punish him for just displaying how he feels? How else can he show it? He can't really express it with words. Most of the time I'll tell him to pick up whatever he's thrown and sit next to me. Other times I'm so stressed I have to discipline him with time out, a pop on the hand, or a strong lecture. everyone's parenting is different but at the end of the day it has to be with love. Even after punishing him, I don't stay upset with him all day, he's my world. When I'm done doing what I'm doing, I tend to his needs. A lot of the times that involves sitting down and playing with him or……. letting him have some cookies ;) Sometimes instead of anger he lets out sadness and asked for me to hold him while I'm changing Jonas, or consoling Jonas after suctioning snot out his nose (babies HATE it!). Either way, whatever you do - do it with love. Having a new sibling isn't easy when you've been an only child for so long.

I was born into having two sisters and a brother already. So I never knew what it was like to be an only child. I was used to having to share, hand-me-downs, etc. I don't want to assume, but I know having only child syndrome obviously won't effect Jonas. He's born into a family with a brother already. So I'm praying he doesn't have to much rivalry with his older brother. I'm alas praying that I can give them my love equally and always be "fair". I don't want my kids to think I have favorites. I honestly don't have one I would choose over another. If someone asked me to choose between them, I wouldn't. I just wouldn't have them both because they both are absolutely amazing/precious to me in their own unique way.

But enough of that rant.. I'm just writing because I'm impressed at how well life chose which baby to place in my tummy to make our family even more complete (now all we're missing is a sister). I mean what if Jojo wasn't Jojo ?!?! What if he was a Fred?! Or a Patty?! Like who the hell knows… I'm just in love with what he brings to our family. I don't know his personality just yet since he's still a baby, but boy I love what I see! Even when he get's upset, he's still cute.. 


xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment