Friday, July 4, 2014

My Mini Scare Today

Today was eventful, relieving, and stressful all at the same time. 

I had an appointment at 10am, a routine check up. Everything went great, and my husband got to hear Jonas' heartbeat again (with his schedule now, he can barely make my not Adrian's appointments). I expressed my concerns about the Braxton hick contractions I have been having, and of course the doctor told me exactly what Google told me, and suggested I try to at least drink a gallon or more of water a day (he even explained different ways to drink this much water without making it seem like a 'gallon' in my brain, I'm weird)


Literally after leaving the office and going home, I started not feeling well. It was Adrian's nap time, and I was so excited to get me a little nap in as well (he even cuddled with me before falling asleep!). It was to good to be true. I couldn't fall asleep, and I kept having these Braxton hicks, which freaked me out because they were starting to become closer and closer together. If you haven't had a Braxton hick, it feels like this tightening sensation. Your belly gets rock hard and it's just.. Uncomfortable so to speak. I never had them with my son, so just having these little suckers was irritating the poop out of me. I started to become a little concerned and called my husband who was at the gym at this time, took him about 5 mins to get home - not joking. ^__^'


*I must add, my toddler was an angel for four 1/2 hours straight of sitting in this tiny room. Fries and yogurt may have accompanied him in his good behavior, but nonetheless he was so well behaved ! And got thousands of compliments as well.* 

Anyways, I was put on a monitor.. My contractions were 4-7 mins apart, which is a little close for Braxton hicks but luckily they weren't that strong. I got an IV for some fluid. I got Cotten swabbed near my cervix to test for premature labor which came back negative, so happy. Then after waiting for the longest time I had an ultrasound to check my cervix length because in my previous pregnancy, it was thinning when I was 20 weeks. My cervix looked fine, the only Debbie downer for today was that my amniotic fluid was low. So I'm awaiting a phone call from my doctor Monday to go from there. But the one thing everyone instilled in me was drink drink drink drink WATER. And honesty , I drink water but I know I don't drink a gallon a day so from here on out - only water for me. Today was not fun and I'm only 30 weeks. I couldn't fathom my baby coming this early so I'm forever thankful. 


If you were eating ice chips for four hours you would want Chipotle to! I was starving, that's the only downfall of going to the hospital while pregnant. It's like.. "Oh she's pregnant ? She mustn't eat anything or she shall throw up by default!" *runs and gets paper cup full of ice and even a spoon to make you feel like your actually eating something* The whole time I was waiting (starving) I had to think to myself, "Stay Gold Ponyboy" because at the time, I felt like I was going to cry because I was that hungry. You ever feel dramatic at the time, and after you get what you want you're like, "Hungry? What's that? *scratches belly*"

I was honestly just happy to have warm steaky goodness, I realized they don't make the corn salsa the same though. It used to be lighter (the corn) now it looks like the corn you find in the can. Anyone have an explanation for that? I swear I'm not making it up. 

So that was my whole day, sitting in a granny gown and having blue jelly on my tummy all day. I hope yours was just as great as mine, reader. 

Love, Ris 

No comments:

Post a Comment