Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Terrible *cough* Terrific, Two's.




It scares me how overwhelming motherhood can be at times. Lately my recently-turned-two toddler has been more rambunctious than he's ever been. Don't get me wrong, I am constantly amazed everyday by new words and stories. However being pregnant & chasing around an olympic track star can become very exhausting, ESPECIALLY with pregnancy fatigue. I've realized the key to everyday is patience (something I clearly wasn't born with but my husband def helps with that). These moments never come back. They're only toddlers once. He's two, he's not 12. I can not expect him to reason with me in grocery stores when he sees something he wants, or refrain him from wanting to climb on library chairs. I can't tell him how much of a pain it'll be if he stains his jeans with grass, or how much he'll benefit from eating ALL his veggies at dinner. I'm his mom, but he's an individual. The craziest thing is that even in these tired moments when I want to pull my hair out, or ask myself if it would've been easier if I would've had a "girl" (dollhouses and tea time?), I can't even force my brain to believe this isn't the life for me. This is what God has given me, a special boy with big brown eyes who wakes up around 7ish everyday and yells, "Mommy?" or "Daddy?" because he knows, without a DOUBT that we're in the next room, and we're always going to be there for him. SO for all you mommies that become extremely overwhelmed (especially with multiple kids) this. is. for. you. You are not alone.



Take their hands, Love them, Never Let Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment