Monday, July 14, 2014

The Spark of Convo //


A passion of mine that I'm "to busy" (using quotations strongly, here) to tend to. Writing and drawing have always been my hobby. My thing. I don't draw for show, or write to read to others - it's really just a "me" thing.

One night in bed my husband and I we're laying aimlessly in bed, talking about any and everything. Those are my favorite.. at the end of the day just sparking up conversation. It's funny because sometimes our random conversations turn into mini arguments and debates, then back to, "I'm so happy we stuck together.." sappy mess. I just love that he's my best friend, my real, true other half.

Anyways, he angered me when we got on the topic of my drawing. Long story short (what I interpreted) he was only trying to motivate me to spark this passion of mine up again. Have something I can call my own again. He dances, that's his passion. Everyone that knows him, knows that's his thing. We've been to different events and places because of it. He actively dances everyday. At home, in the grocery store, while at the doctors - yeah... tell me about it. Anyways, I know he just wants me to become fully invested in my work again. It's like he likes to see my drawings.. he'll look at them and give me his opinion. He made me so upset that night, it motivated me in a sneaky way.

So the next day I drew. I don't even know who this is, or what she is.. It just came off my brain.

Long story short .. I'm trying to bring this back and get better also. I am constantly comparing myself with other artists I have yet to come up with my own style. That's what I'm aiming towards.. so here's to many blog posts of my work in the future ! 

ps. thank you hubby, if you're reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment