Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Time Has Come..

I'll try and let the pictures speak for themselves..


before.




one of the world's greatest Dad's for this. 




And the hair my beautiful, baby boy has been sporting since birth is all cut off - gone forever (although we kept a little of it in a ziploc bag for memories). I won't make this a long post, but I have to tell you how WELL he behaved. My husband and I prepared ourselves for a meltdown. We packed snacks, got ourselves ready for, "Good job, buddy" and "It's okay, shhh, it's okay" - and we didn't have to comfort him at all. He's seen daddy get haircuts before, which I think where his sense of maturity came about. He had a seriousness in his face, like the other men in the shop getting haircuts. He wasn't upset, but he wasn't smiling either. He let the barber turn his head, and patiently waited until he was done - no tears.

Love you, A. I know you're loving your haircut - especially with this hot weather. Bath time will be 10x faster without mommy having to go through a war trying to wash your hair. And no more screaming while getting your hair combed. Even though I wanted to keep his hair, I know he didn't care what happened to it - which helped me cope with my baby growing up. xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment