Thursday, October 30, 2014

When in Doubt, B A K E :*

Adrian was literally on tasmanian devil mode yesterday. Every toy, pillows, random pieces of paper, socks, dirty clothes, pull-ups - you name it, I eventually found it in my living room! I hate those days where I'm desperately trying to cook dinner, clean, wash bottles, and tend to these little ones all at the SAME time. I just needed to calm him down and keep his attention for more than 3 seconds. So what did I choose to do while my chicken simmered and sweet potatoes soaked up cinnamon goodness?
  WE BAKED BROWNIES. NOM NOM NOM.








This kid has some SERIOUS stirring skills (yes, he is stirring with a fork, bare with me here). He was so proud of himself, he's proud of himself every time he makes something with us - or is apart of something in general. I could see in his eyes how much he loved being a "Big Boy" and helping mommy bake. So next time you're about to pull your hair out, strap your infant in the carrier and get your toddler cooking with you! If you're unable to wear them out at a park, get them involved with things that you're doing. Such as sweeping (which is really just moving the crumbs as opposed to sweeping them up *cough*), wiping tables, folding clothes, the list is endless. Toddlers are to young to understand the pain daily chores cause us mommies, haha, so take advantage of this age before they start asking you for an allowance !

P.S Never let your toddler crack an egg, you'll end up with shells in your brownies ^__^' Not that I let him crack them or anything... *cough* *takes shells out teeth* What?  :D


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment