Thursday, October 30, 2014

Poor Man's Meal ? ++

Don't you hate when there's things to cook in your fridge, but at the same time.. it's nothing you feel like making because it takes to much time? This happens to me... 89% of the time, probably more. I'm someone who can eat just about anything, as long as I have rice (I know, I'm so asian). I actually prefer just eating a simple meat, a veggie and rice (I put vinegar on my rice also, if I don't have Patis which is a filipino fish sauce). So here's a quick meal, you can make for yourself when your stomach is just rumbling or if you want to make this for your family - that's fine to ! Disclaimer: I'm not a chef, nor do I pretend to be. So please don't think to yourself, "That's a simple meal, what is the point of posting that...blah blah". Get off my blog, k thanks ! :) It's just something quick & easy for those who don't want a sandwich for lunch.

What You'll Need:

  • Half of Green Pepper (Or whole)
  • Half of a White Onion
  • Minced Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Cup of Water
  • 1LB LeanGround Beef (OR any meat that cooks quickly, you could use sliced chicken breasts, ground turkey, slices of steak)
  • Three Yellow Potatoes (Or any potatoes you love)
  • Seasoning Salt
  • Pepper
  • Lemon Pepper
  • Garlic Powder

& any other seasonings you wish !!


ONE | Wash ALL your produce. Slice your onions/peppers and skin + cut your potatoes. 


TWO | Turn your stove on medium - medium high heat to get your oil hot. Once your oil start's to sizzle, sauté your minced garlic for a couple seconds until it's a little brown - but not to brown (you don't want burnt garlic)


THREE | Sauté your onions and peppers, stirring gently. I leave them a little crisp because towards the end they'll end up very soft (I like them soft)


FOUR | Place your meat right in the pan, and cook until browned. I seasoned with pepper, seasoning salt, Mrs. Dash onion blend, lemon pepper and garlic powder because I LOVE garlic. 


FIVE | After your meat is mostly brown (if you're cooking with chicken it must be cooked throughly!) then place your chopped potatoes in the pan, followed by about a half cup of water. The water will help the potatoes become soft faster. Place a lid on this concoction, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft enough for you. 


SIX | Rice only takes about 15-20 minutes in the rice cooker. You can start your rice the same time you chop your veggies, or you can start it once you place the potatoes in the pan. I like my rice soft and sticky so I prefer it cooked in the rice cooker. Cooking in a pot doesn't taste the same. I love jasmine rice and this is my favorite brand! 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment