Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hello, Sir Adrian


Last night my one year old calmed his evening watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, dinner AND dessert (couldn't help myself). I wanted to take a brief moment to talk about pacifiers. Adrian's almost two (June 11)  and occasionally picks this thing up and uses it. It's almost as if he uses it because it's there, 99.9% of the time he's happy without it, goes to sleep perfectly fine, he's not dependent on it - and never was, we just chose to give it to him. I don't know if it's really true that pacifiers mess up their teeth, but I don't let him use it to his advantage because I don't like the idea of him becoming dependent  on an item, and not being able to self soothe at this age. I think it's more of me who can't throw it away yet because it's still slightly cute to see him look like a baby again, but I'm comforted knowing that he doesn't need it at all. *attempts to throw away pacifier* Yeah.. mommy's just not ready.



 Adrian usually sleeps anywhere between 8-11 hours. He definitely takes up after me, I could sleep for a whole day if someone let me. Daddy originally woke up with him this morning, fed him a banana and gave him apple juice in this really cool cup. I love how if I'm still sleeping, Domo will just take Adrian - no questions. This little guy wanted to say "Hi" to mommy this morning & this is what he does once he gets in the bed ! Guess I should get up and start my day to, last day off and I don't want to waste it !

Have a blissful day ! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment